Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm the pinhole

My sister is a bona fide author (Lynn Jaynes - Her third is on Deseret Bookshelves as we speak - you'd enjoy it) You could technically argue that I have several sisters who are writers/authors. But, as with all family talent; be it sports, cooking, persuasive argument-ing, brains, artistic abilities, musical talent, or people skills, the parent's genes were pretty diluted by time the tenth came along. My biologist son swears this isn't how it works, but I know better. Don't feel bad, I got the best name.
Anyway, if I ever did write a book, it would be a self help book (these seem to rely more on experience versus heredity.) It would be entitled, "Even when you bust your $*# to get the details right, these experiments are still going to flop. Don't try them."
My first entry would be about the pinhole camera.
It took us four hours to make this contraption no bigger than a rubberband.
It was supposed to take pictures that looked similar to thisBut this is the reality

I would end each chapter with something positive though. This chapters ending might include: a.) how you should always use a real camera as a precautionary back-up measure, and
b.) how it was definitely amusing to watch the kids hold perfectly still and silent for the twenty minute exposure time..