I saw this sign and it made me smile.
Because we saw it when we dropped everything Friday and
drove deep into the heart of Oklahoma's back country to attend
an event I've looked forward to all year.
The Bigfoot Convention.
Were you also unaware of the hotbed of Sasquatch activity here?
Some of the presentations were:
Ichnotaxonomy of Giant Hominoid Tracks in North America
-Dr. Jeffry Meldrum Department of Biological
Sciences, Idaho State University
Sasquatch Communications and Habitation Locations
-Troy Hudson
Big Brother
-Pete Buffalohead
I admit that the number one reason I wanted to attend was to people watch.
Once I got there I realized
how rude and inconsiderate that was.
How frustrating and lonely it would be to believe in something so whole heartedly,
only to have people mock you.
It hit a little too close to home actually.
And what do I know?
I suppose if the mountain gorilla was only discovered in 1902 it's possible.
Right?
These people have spent their entire lives in the back country;
who am I to tell them they don't know their own backyard?
Nobody.
So, I'll reserve my judgment for later.
In the meantime, I learned some amazing info on tracking,
the bone structure of various homonoid feet, and how to make the absolute
best plaster cast ever;
should the situation ever present itself...
We really did hear some pretty awesome dueling banjos...
Second Smile-
Fall decorations/weather


Third smile-
Watching the boys put their black pants on, their white collars up, and compete to
see who had the best moon walk across the tile floor.
-That was probably more guffaw than smile.
More likely the smile came when I watched them
help each other tie their ties before heading out to
Priesthood Session.

Smiles Four and Five-
Getting two letters in the mail for Justin.
One from Gail and Chris.
It was written completely in Italian.
It told him that they loved him and were proud of him.
They also sent money.
Enough for him to purchase a bike when he gets there.
They don't even belong to our church.
It made my smile kind of watery.
The other letter was signed
"Love your foster grandmother, Sister Cain"
She truly is.
She sent money he'll use for scriptures in the Italian language.
He'll always be able to remember her when he pulls them out.
Sixth Smile-
Kids who make cookies just because..
Because we saw it when we dropped everything Friday anddrove deep into the heart of Oklahoma's back country to attend
an event I've looked forward to all year.
The Bigfoot Convention.
Were you also unaware of the hotbed of Sasquatch activity here?
Some of the presentations were:
Ichnotaxonomy of Giant Hominoid Tracks in North America
-Dr. Jeffry Meldrum Department of Biological
Sciences, Idaho State University
Sasquatch Communications and Habitation Locations
-Troy Hudson
Big Brother
-Pete Buffalohead
I admit that the number one reason I wanted to attend was to people watch.
Once I got there I realized
how rude and inconsiderate that was.
How frustrating and lonely it would be to believe in something so whole heartedly,
only to have people mock you.
It hit a little too close to home actually.
And what do I know?
I suppose if the mountain gorilla was only discovered in 1902 it's possible.
Right?
These people have spent their entire lives in the back country;
who am I to tell them they don't know their own backyard?
Nobody.
So, I'll reserve my judgment for later.
In the meantime, I learned some amazing info on tracking,
the bone structure of various homonoid feet, and how to make the absolute
best plaster cast ever;
should the situation ever present itself...
We really did hear some pretty awesome dueling banjos...Second Smile-
Fall decorations/weather



Third smile-
Watching the boys put their black pants on, their white collars up, and compete to
see who had the best moon walk across the tile floor.
-That was probably more guffaw than smile.
More likely the smile came when I watched them
help each other tie their ties before heading out to
Priesthood Session.

Smiles Four and Five-
Getting two letters in the mail for Justin.
One from Gail and Chris.
It was written completely in Italian.
It told him that they loved him and were proud of him.
They also sent money.
Enough for him to purchase a bike when he gets there.
They don't even belong to our church.
It made my smile kind of watery.
The other letter was signed
"Love your foster grandmother, Sister Cain"
She truly is.
She sent money he'll use for scriptures in the Italian language.
He'll always be able to remember her when he pulls them out.
Sixth Smile-
Kids who make cookies just because..

And finally, Seventh Smile-
These two playing trucks for over an hour together this morning.
Round and round they went.

These two playing trucks for over an hour together this morning.
Round and round they went.



