However, in my off period, I missed writing about a very important date. Maddie's birthday (note to self: next year I'm not acknowledging birthday's). Maddie reminded me each of the previous days of the week, "Today is the laaast Thursday I will ever be ten..." etc. And instead of the usual perturbed disgust at her undisguised fishing. I was actually glad of the reminder. Because I will miss them. She was the perfect ten year old. It's no secret that we had a rough start, Maddie and I. However, recently (in the past year or so) we've discovered a rare human phenomenon. We are actually identical twins; born twenty seven years apart. Watching my sisters-in-law, as well as others, I've seen that identical twins usually do have a rough start; each pushing for their identity and foothold. Then, as the years come and age mellows them, they become best of friends. They know exactly what the other is thinking, feeling, or doing. So it's been with our relationship, and like it or not Maddie, I'm afraid it's only going to strengthen with each birthday. So, I wish you luck. You'll be frustrated when you see my faults and know you have the potential to be the same. But, despite our similarity, my added 27 years show me the obvious. You are definitely the upgraded version! I love you.
P.S. Maddie has a new blog. It's completely her own. I take no responsibilty. But, if I do say so myself, I love the title... www.comewhatmayjr.blogspot.com