Saturday, May 8, 2010

Time Flies


Last Wednesday, since we were short a car, I picked Bert up from work. On the way home we drove through the town of Paris, Texas, and Bert made a small detour to take me here...
He then surprised me with a trip to a new graveyard that I hadn't seen before. He said I might enjoy a certain statue they had. I begged him to tell me what it was, and he obliged. He said, "It's the only statue in the World - of Jesus wearing cowboy boots." He couldn't tell me anymore because I was laughing too hard and wouldn't have heard it. It did not disappoint.
One very enjoyable walk later, he took me to Mardi Gras Seafood.
Then he said, "I don't know if you noticed a theme tonight or not... but since we couldn't go to New Orlean's like we wanted, I did the best I could to bring it to you." He's a keeper.
Happy 20 to us!