The great news? We discovered the magic of Turner Falls on the way home, and we'll forever be grateful to the Apache and Commanche tribes for selling. It was awesome. And pretending you're a native, living in earlier times, probably goes a lot further in the memory bank than looking at a dusty collection would anyway. And it came none too soon. I had almost fogotten that I loved Oklahoma! It reminded me.



(I had planned to wade in the creek on the way home, but didn't bring a suit. I didn't think there would be much to swim in. The kids brought theirs though. When we pulled up and saw it, I wailed, "Oh dang it! I didn't bring a suit and it's too cold to get my clothes wet." Calder said, "HEY! I brought two, you could borrow one of mine!" There was a pause, and just when we thought he had figured out the modesty flaw in his offer he said, "Oh wait. Would it fit you?" Bwahahaha. Sometimes he cracks me up.)


The only other people on this 1500 acre paradise were a couple getting wedding pictures taken. I was sure hoping it was after the wedding. I don't know how that dress will ever get the red mud stains out of it.

It inspired the kids' own photo shoot.



I didn't even get pictures of the caves, or the other falls.

So, we're definitely going back.

Maybe Saturday. Rain or shine, we've got to show this place to Justin and Bert.

Loved it!

Pictures just don't do it justice. So, my apologies, Chief Joseph. I was a tad out of humor, but I'm better now. You can be my hero again.