Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Two Big Events Yesterday..

Jesse with Pal's present

Lunch with Jesse

#1. Jesse's B-day!
Which did not even include a cake; let alone a surprise party, or party of any kind for that matter. Mom and Dad were selfishly concentrating on staying alive. And that's hard to do given the heart palpitations, high blood pressure, and intestinal distress we are both suffering. It's almost more painful than giving birth 16 years ago.
Nope, instead she and I went to lunch, drove down to the hobby store to pick out some new paintbrushes, drove to the bookstore to pick up the new 'Hunger Games' book, and then went to the lake to read the afternoon away.
Definitely not one she'll remember - and we can only hope this works in our favor.

#2. The call
No, it's not here yet. But the submit button was hit, and Tuesday is the day they make the final decision. Though (of course) there was a hitch. Early Tuesday morning we got a call that said we had forgotten to fill in an apparently vital piece of information. And they needed this vital piece before the call could be issued. We're not sure they got it in time for this week's session; we may have to wait an extra week. And if they did get it in time, I'm wondering if it will mess up the call somehow. Because I guessed. And I guessed wrong.
But seriously, how vital can 'Height' be?
Sooooo,
.......my guess?
The Shire.
This does give us more time to request prayer in our behalf though. I priced suits yesterday and discovered that a call to a place that wears sarongs, would be much appreciated.