Sister Apple (Poke benefactress) has been trying to find new things to interest her. The other day she brought me five issues of 'Popular Science.' She asked if we might like them, as she had no use for them- and I quote, "There's just nothing interesting in them for me. I thought I was ordering 'Popular Mechanics'. How disappointing it was to get this instead."
We've had several good chuckles reminiscing that line.
You did see her petite little picture didn't you?
Regardless, we were very grateful for the new magazines. We like to think someday
one of us will be featured in it. We're just sure one of us is bound to make a discovery.
Cache and I almost thought we'd done it today.
"Mom, MOM! Come here quick!"
Stepping out the front door, "Yes?"
"Do you hear that 'squeak'?"
"Whoa. Yeah. Ew. What is that?"
Bending down, looking through and under the bushes Cache said, "You gotta see this! It's some sort of morphed frog. Seriously. It's part frog, part snake!"
"No way. What the heck? You're right!"
"Look at that. That's amazing!"
"I know! It's got a frog's head with a long snake's tail. That is SO not right!"
"Wow, that's really, really weird."
"Why do you think he's squeaking instead of ribbeting?"
Squeak.
We looked at each other, then closer at the discovery....
"AAAAAAAAAAAGH!"
A simultaneous shriek traveled to another hemisphere.
We've had several good chuckles reminiscing that line.
You did see her petite little picture didn't you?
Regardless, we were very grateful for the new magazines. We like to think someday
one of us will be featured in it. We're just sure one of us is bound to make a discovery.
Cache and I almost thought we'd done it today.
"Mom, MOM! Come here quick!"
Stepping out the front door, "Yes?"
"Do you hear that 'squeak'?"
"Whoa. Yeah. Ew. What is that?"
Bending down, looking through and under the bushes Cache said, "You gotta see this! It's some sort of morphed frog. Seriously. It's part frog, part snake!"
"No way. What the heck? You're right!"
"Look at that. That's amazing!"
"I know! It's got a frog's head with a long snake's tail. That is SO not right!"
"Wow, that's really, really weird."
"Why do you think he's squeaking instead of ribbeting?"
Squeak.
We looked at each other, then closer at the discovery....
"AAAAAAAAAAAGH!"
A simultaneous shriek traveled to another hemisphere.
Don't call the Smithsonian yet.
We were just too chicken to get close enough at first,
to discover that
it was only lunch being served.
We were just too chicken to get close enough at first,
to discover that
it was only lunch being served.


