Sunday, September 30, 2012

Hiding spots


   Sometimes I hide until I feel better.  Sometimes I hide at the graveyard.  Sometimes I hide in my closet.  Sometimes I hide in the car.  Yesterday was a car day.  I had the windows down and the seat reclined.  I could hear the garage door slam, and pretty soon heard Pal get out his Rip Stik.  I sunk lower in the seat.  He didn't notice me and began to set up his course.  As he began to skate, he hummed softly to himself.  A few minutes later I heard the door slam again.  This time it was Hydn.  He came out and pretended to laser imaginary foes with his favorite light-saber/stick.  Both boys were in their own little worlds for quite some time.  When I found I had not been discovered, I quietly went back to reading.  Pretty soon I heard Pal, who was still skating, quit humming and say,
 "Hydn?  Hey Hydn?" 
 It brought Hy out of Galactic City and he answered,
 "What?" 
 Pal said, 
 "Did you know I love you, Hydn?"
   Hy replied, 
 "Yes. I did." 
  Pal said,
 "Good.  Cuz I love you a whole lot."
  Then they both went back to their own worlds - one humming and skating, the other all the more powerful in his extermination of the Dark Side.
  Everyone needs a hiding spot.