Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Easter -



 I was about 10 minutes too late
getting up and getting the chicks dyed blue.
But, 
in retrospect,
 I'm wondering how many other times I've been 
saved from a 'good idea'
 by an alarm that didn't go off,
or something similar.
So that a lonely six year old boy didn't have to hunt eggs by himself,
I bribed the older kids and Bert to hunt;
with a mean spirited competition and cash prize.

Kind of embarrassing, really. 

But, if you're ever in the same dilemma yourself,
 the game goes something like this:
Find the most eggs
Hidden among the eggs are one dozen raw eggs.
If you can hit another person,
 with one of the raw eggs that you've found,
then you can collect 4 of their eggs
to beef up your own stockpile.
The person with the most eggs, 
after all the eggs have been found, 
gets the cash prize.
...or the promise of one.


And, if by this time, you still haven't questioned
the morality of your celebration?
Well then, you could always try roasting Peeps for smores.
Because there's just something inherently wrong with that.
Try it and see.



But, other than my dubious reflections...
It was a GREAT DAY!
And really, that's what Easter's all about. 
The greatest day ever.
The greatest message ever.
Even when I get everything all wrong.
Especially when I get it all wrong.