Monday, June 23, 2014

'Quirky Kids -

Understanding and Helping Your Child Who Doesn't Fit In - When to Worry and When Not to Worry'   By Perri Klass, M.D., and Eileen Costello, M.D.

I checked the above book out of the library a few weeks ago.  The title caught my eye, but I plead the 5th on whether or not I was in that section for a reason.  I would also like to hire the company that lost all of Lois Lerner's emails.  They may be necessary when any incriminating email evidence, pointing to which child this may apply, surfaces in the future.

With that said, may I reprint a small excerpt from the book giving me doctoral insight on one (possibly more) of my children?

" 'In day care, he was a little odd about his clothes.  The other kids would get naked, run around outside, pee on the pee wall.  He wouldn't even take his shoes off!'  For many parents, there is a pivotal moment when they acknowledge that something is really wrong.  It's not that this one episode is so absolutely decisive, but taken against a backdrop of lots of concerning behavior, lots of parental worries, one particular episode may make the parent feel that it's time to take action."

A pee wall?
Pivotal moment - he wouldn't even take his shoes off when the other kids got naked?
..............a pee wall?

I didn't make it past the second chapter.  Dewey number for small claims?  Forget quirky kid research; somebody needs to pay.  I have obviously missed out on some critical childhood experience, of which I was previously, totally unaware.