Saturday, June 20, 2009

Anticipation is Everything

The kids saw a mouse run into the bookcase. I told them to get the broom, but they had other plans. They decided the mouse might like a labrynth before he was decapitated. They built several twists and turns out of books, finally leading to the main room where the weapon of choice was located. We held our breath and eagerly watched to see if the maze would work. Like clock work. It was beautiful. And then we noticed the blur of fur finally stopped. He had the audacity to be darling! While we were arguing which one of us brave souls should save him, the poor thing decided he was hungry. A long, very stunned, and mortified silence was broken by the simultaneous cry of "AAAAHHHH!" I will save you from pictures of the aftermath. I can think of only one positive thing to come from this experience; what a relief to know we would not have made very good Frenchmen in the late 1700's.