Did you know I think you are just the greatest? I'm so glad I married you. Since you aren't here to celebrate breakfast in bed (which is a bummer, because the kids can finally cook a decent meal) I started to write a long letter to you, but there was just too much to say. I narrowed it down to writing about one year, this past one, and even then it was difficult. Since "A picture is worth a thousand words" I decided to post some of this years pictures instead, to help you understand why I love you so much. (NOW aren't you glad that this blog is private?)
I love you because you gave us a GREAT name/heritage. (Pointing to Oliver Ellsworth's name, Independence Hall, a drafter of our constitution and third chief justice of U.S.)

I love you because you work so hard for us that sometimes you can't even keep your eyes open, five minutes after you sit down.
I love you because you stop at every historical marker you see, and make history fun for us. (Lincoln's boyhood home/mother's grave, and Mount Vernon)


I love you because you like to play. You don't just pretend, you really, really like it. (Alpine slide in Smoky Mountains of Tennessee and playing baseball in front yard.)


I love you because you think 'outside the box'. (Instead of taking an extra trip back when all of our hands were full, but we still had one little package, you just plopped and strapped him on top. Ingenious.)

I love you because you ARE the entertainment. Watching t.v. and movies without you heartily laughing by our sides, just isn't the same. Did you know we watched Wipeout last night with nary a giggle?? It's you that brings it and other things to life! We love your singing too. It's done with such 'gusto'. We can all pick you out of a crowd (like say the Priesthood room, with even the door shut.) It's one of the first things that attracted me to you; remember when you would sing so loud working in the meat lab? It must have reminded me of Calvin. These talents are what help to make our house a home. When you add them to to us, it makes all seem 'right' with the World. We're lucky.

I love you because you teach us how to be men (or those that need it...)

I love you because you love our kids. (That I would post this cute picture of you, but horribly hideous picture of myself, only proves my love for you. Cache's birthday)

I love you because you support me unequivocally in teaching our kids. (Potato cannon for Revolutionary War studies)

I love you because you worthily honor your Priesthood and bless our home and family with it. (Pal's baptism)
I love you because you still excite me... (if I remember correctly you're pinching my butt in this picture, at a very inappropriate time.)

I love you because you don't take anything, or any of us, too seriously. (Picnic and drive in Eastern Oklahoma)
I love you because you love and honor your Father. Both of them.

I love you because you make me laugh.

And then I try to make us be serious...

But, then you make me laugh again.

You're wonderful.
Love,
your devoted wife
P.S. Do you know how long it took these stupid pictures to upload? And now I wish I'd have done them bigger...