It's a picture-less post today.
My camera's gone to girl's camp for the week, and the computer that stores my photo's crashed.
Really Big Bummer!
You'll have to make the pictures in your mind.
And that may be hard since the news is scarce...
The wild blackberries are on and have stained a permanent mustache on some of the kids. We want to pick a whole bunch and dump them in Hy's wading pool- to see what it feels like to make wine with our feet. But that dream is slowly dying. It took the girls two muggy, sweaty, bug filled hours to produce just a gallon full. We may have to settle for jam. Or maybe.... maybe we could scale back the operation and just daintily use a couple of toes.
Homecoming is Saturday. They don't have homecoming around a football game in the fall here. Instead each little town takes a weekend in the summer and invites all it's past and present residents to a parade and summer Bbq. We don't know more than a couple handfuls of people, but we'll go stand for the flag and drip/wilt from the heat with the rest of them. Justin will be parading, and promises to flip us lots of candy. Jesse painted the bank's window for the special occasion. They asked her to do it 'hippie themed'. And so she did. It's very hippy-ish. But sadly, as you're driving into our small town, you will see the big banner advertising for all to come enjoy our homecoming with the theme "Back to the Fifties!" Hmmm... I'm afraid somebody is a little confused on their decades, but we're not quite sure who to point the finger at - the bank, or town hall?
When I first saw the banner, I frantically ran home and said, "Jesse, are you SURE they said 'hippy'??" She said she was positive, and even provided evidence in the form of a letter.
It mollified me a bit, but awhile later I wailed, "Argh... that's still bothering me! It's so embarrassing!"
Jesse replied, "It's not that big of a deal Mom."
I said, "Yes, it is! The 50's contained no hippies! It may be the banks mistake, but everybody's going to think that you're the one who's got her decades confused!"
She laughed and said, "Well,.... I kind of do. And if I do, and the bank president does, and all the bank tellers but Justin do, do you think anybody else will notice?"
Hmm...
And, since two other business' since then have asked her to come paint their windows as well, she may have a point.
The kids have started their play practice with the Shakespearean festival's youth group. Except they're not doing Shakespeare. This year they're doing musicals. The younger kids are doing 'Aladdin', and the older ones are doing 'Glee'. I'm the one that should be doing 'Glee', as it makes me giggle just to think of Calder and Cache singing and dancing on stage every day. But I've been to one of their practices, and they're actually not bad! They had a science experiment that included making themselves better conversationalists/speakers. It required hard proof evidence of their work in the form of audio tape, camcorder, or two witnesses. They decided the community play would pretty much cover all of that for them, so they took a deep breath and signed up. Too fun. The downside is I'm the only one left to entertain Hydn. And you can only read the same book and throw so many rocks in the puddle with him before you start wishing that, despite your reclusive nature, you were up there singing and dancing too. Anybody want tickets?? It's quite possibly a once in a life time see.
Alright then. I'll wait on the rest until I have pictures again, as I've tried listening to radio versions myself, and I know what you're going through.
Goodnight.