Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Serendipitous

Bert has only one day off a month for family.
I take it very seriously, and nothing encroaches on it.
Nothing.
....Except possibly for all those little humility lessons somebody seems to think I'm in short need of.

We were on our way camping, to take advantage of that one precious day/night, when three miles from our house, this happened- it's late Sunday afternoon, and nobody is open:


Guess who came to our rescue.
Remember George, in February's "Teller 2" incident? What are the odds? He came out of his house and just so happened to have the perfect tire replacement for us to borrow. Humility lesson = opportunity to recant. Although I never had any direct words of derision, I will certainly refrain from any more tongue in cheek ridicule...
-at least when it comes to George.
He even told me I was pretty.
George is my new best friend.

Thanks to George, we made it to camp just in time for a round of smores and the rain to wash a stream through our tents. Luckily for us it was hot, we all slept in swim suits, and before the big one hit, we had a nice fellow camper come shake our tent and warn us. No permanent damage, just kinked necks from sleeping in the car.

Maybe, because it was a Sunday - and we knew better, we were just reaping the rewards. But the next day was a whole new deal. We made a caravan out of our paddle boat and blow up boat, and spent two hours trying to get all of us over to a secluded alcove where we swam and dived. Looking back, we should have remembered that Ok water laws are not so stringent as CA water play...
It was a fun day.
After going through several swim diapers, I decided it wasn't worth it.

However, before following my example--one may want to note any poison ivy in the area first. It may save you a big headache later. Just sayin'
Any time left was spent skipping rocks...
Thanks again George, our fellow camper, and whoever else I've mentally given short-shift to.