Monday, November 12, 2012

BYUI - part 2

There's a reason Yellowstone is one of my most favorite places in the World.
Because it's just plain awesome!
We took a five mile geyser walk and the geyser gods rewarded us for our devotion.
We hit every. single. one. perfectly!







We picnicked by, and played in the river


We enjoyed the scenery


And we hunted for dragons at Black Dragon Caldron-
a family tradition.

We're pretty sure we saw one.
And it was kinda scarey.

 We saw turkeys, coyotes, bison,
four wolves trying to take down a bear,
and an elk bugling. 

And like I said - it was magical.
 But it plumb tuckered us out.


So we drove onward to Jenny's lake.

It was gorgeous, even in the rain.
And then we were finally there!
We'd made it.
Aunt Marcia, Aunt Chris, Charley, and Haley spoiled us rotten.
And that's a colossal understatement!



And then,
we settled her in,
and it was time to go...

It was a long, long haul home.
And we were sad.
So we commiserated with the pioneers at Martin's Cove

and tried to pretend "all was well".
It's not, but we'll carry on.


Dear Jesse,
   We made it home!  I'm really missing you. I've had somewhat of a melancholy day today. Did you see how red and puffy your Dad's eyes were when we left yesterday? I'm sure he's hoping you didn't notice - or that you thought it was allergies.
  We love you lots, and while we're kinda sad - our excitement for you trumps it.
Love,
Mom