Wednesday, November 14, 2012

One more dawn, One more day, One day more!

Typing an explanation of these pictures almost desecrates the memory.
I'll be brief.
We finished Les Miserables.
Pal was given only one school assignment the next day-
take four hours, find a quiet spot, and listen to the Broadway soundtrack.
I'd check on him periodically, and this is typical of what I'd find:

"Who am I?"
I'm one lucky mom to share in moments like these.
Who is Pal?
"Mom, that book, and that music.... well, they just make me want to BE."

"God on High,
Hear my prayer
Bring him peace
Bring him joy
He is young
He is only a boy
You can take
You can give
Let him BE
Let him live
If I die, let me die
Let him live
Bring him home
Bring him home
Bring him home."

Sappy?
Maybe.

Better just go read it, and listen to the music yourself.
Then, if you can, share it with your kids. 
It's a sacred experience.
Those shared conversations, tears, and emotions?
They're deep.
And they're worth more than 1,000,000 textbooks/workbooks combined.