What is it about little boys and dinosaurs?
I just don't get it.
Hy has watched all the kid, dinosaur themed movies netflix has to offer.
Yesterday he asked if he could watch the new one.
"What new one?"
He pointed to the 90 min. PBS documentary.
"No, honey. You won't like that one."
"Yes, I will. I pwomise."
So we turned it on- and the rest of us fled to more engaging areas.
We took turns peeking around the corner every ten minutes to see if he was still watching.
He was.
Each and every tedious brushstroke the archeologist made.
We were flummoxed.
When it ended he stood up, dusted his hands together, and said,
"Well! You weady to do(go) dig some bones, Talder?"
(Have I mentioned he has a pretty hefty speech impediment?)
We looked at each other questioningly.
Calder said, "Uh, ...why don't you give me a minute, first. Alright?"
He and Pal took their lunch hour and ran to bury bones.
First glimpse
"Hey, Hydn? How'd you know there'd be bones here?"
"My bwain's pwetty (s)mart. It tells me (th)dose tings."
And now we get this beautiful centerpiece.
We're thrilled!
It's exactly what we wanted to see during our Thanksgiving meal.