Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Strong but Silent Type


My only request as they began their backpacking trip through 
five European countries, 
was that they still like each other when they returned.
Justin needed to speed up,
and Calder needed to slow down.  
They were still grinning when they got back,
so I assume it worked out.

Maybe I should have thought that request through a bit more thoroughly.
Say - by demanding they make a journal like Jesse.
Because for most of the information,
 I had to piece it together using deductive reasoning skills,
and by deciphering the pictures below.

Mainly they stayed in hostels
(I de-bedbugged them when they came home),
once they tent camped above an Italian city skyline,
and kind members from Justin's mission put them
up a few of the nights as well.
They took advantage of as much as they could in 15 days;
including eating horse in France
(according to Calder it tastes just like a horse smells),
 running the Boston Freedom trail on their layover,
and being the first in our family to actually make it to 
Marie Antoinette's Hamlet.
WooHoo!
 
Although they are men of few words, 
 every so often I get a golden nugget 
of information out of them.
Usually when they are relating it to something else.
Which is the best kind.
And Golden nuggets are valuable no matter 
how long they take to pan out.