Thursday, January 17, 2013

Where's the BEEF?!

...No doubt that dates me.
Number 1- For the obvious reason that it's over twenty-five years old.
Number 2- That I can't seem to control myself from saying it.

Anyway, there apparently is no beef in Thailand. 
 Just King Cobra.
Cache informs me that it wasn't quite dead,
but assures us it only took, 'a couple more whacks', to ready it for skinning.
The final product.
The yellow round thingies are the Cobra's eggs.
I suppose if you had to substitute something for beef, 
you may as well go big.
But, seeing these pictures in Cache's letter confirmed
 one thing for me;
Dave Thomas - I love you!

Cache's Testimony of Prayer:     
  This week, my testimony of prayer grew a ton.  We had some really cool experiences.  We had just had an appointment and were coming back when my brand new shoes, that I bought last transfer, broke beyond repair.  I told my companion we would just keep going and go find people, and talk to people on trucks so we wouldn't waste time going home.  My companion wanted to stop and pray about it before because he didn't feel good about keep going.  So we prayed and ended up going home to change my shoe.  As soon as we were going to leave the apartment I got a really bloody nose that wouldn't stop.  So it was extremely nice we were at home and could just take care of it.  Also during this I was pretty bummed about my shoes and didn't know what I was going to do but the scriptures of " take no thought of script, or clothing but go forth and preach my gospel' and the scriptures in 3 nephi 13 and 14 about How God takes care of us and gives us good gifts and if he clothes the grass why wouldn't he take care of his children.  So I didn't think about it and I found some shoes at the house that are perfect size.  pretty worn, but still extremely good quality.  They're perfect.  Anyway that was a very tender mercy.
  The next miracle we had with prayer was yesterday.  I'm still amazed at this one.  We were sticking up Free English stickers on trucks and things.  However when we were doing it the trucks were too dirty that the stickers wouldn't stick.  We were looking for something to use to clean the dirt first but couldn't find anything and we couldn't buy anything because it was Sunday.  So we prayed, explained our problem, and asked for a solution to fix our problem.  After the pray we felt like walking up the street to 7/11 ( I don't know if I've told you but they have 7/11 everywhere around here.  Every street corner.  not joking either. )  on the way we were looking for a rag or something.  At the 7 we stopped and we're just looking.  Then at the other side of the street I saw something, and said :"hey there it is!"  Turns out I was right too.  It was a blue rag on the side of the sidewalk.  It was pretty clean and no one was claiming it so we took it and started wiping all the dirt off.  I still think it's amazing we found a rag that was usable and perfect for the situation. 
  Anyway those were my miracles for the week.
  We really are doing good.  Me and my companion get along really well and work well together.  He's from Utah and in the Army, going to be a medic.  He's really easy going and makes the work effective and fun. 
  Well I don't have much else.  Hope everyone has a great week!  Also I'm still hoping to hear more about Justin's visit and what you guys all did.  Good luck with getting back in the schedule!  good luck going back to college jesse and justin!
  I love you all and have a great week.
 Love Elder Ellsworth