Other than signing your own name on the dotted line,
(instead of relying on your guardian),
I'm not sure it's the great advantage everybody
makes it out to be. As far as I can tell, it just means
you're now legitimately able to choose your poison;
cigarettes, war, or a politician.
But in our minds, you were just as important two days
ago as you are today.
Maddie loved you even before you were eighteen because
you diffuse contention (and that's a useful quality when you're with Maddie).
Cache loved you because of the late night talks you and he have in your bedroom.
Jesse loved you because you use your language of touch, and
give her much needed hugs, pats, and encouragement.
Calder loved you because you happily play with them all-
no matter what they're playing- and you make it even more fun.
Pal loved you because of all of the above (he's eight, give him time).
Hy loved you because you're a pushover and give him whatever he wants.
Dad loved you because of your easy going attitude.
And I loved you because of your humor and ability to see symbolically.
So, no matter how magical turning 18 on the eighteenth was (or perhaps in
our case, wasn't), we loved you just as much before as we do now.
Happy, Happy Birthday!
And a big round of applause to you for your midterms at SOSU.
The only A in advanced biology.
The second highest score in music (in a class of music majors).
And a 98 % on physcology
I thought I'd post now, before your math test comes back
and silences that big round of applause ;)