Thursday, October 29, 2009

Up in the atmosphere, Up where the air is clear...


I've never really cared for the show Mary Poppins.
I always thought it needed a better protagonist
to make it worth my time.
But today that show seemed to make more sense...

Because sometimes things do come along,

and other things (like school) have to take a back seat

Sometimes even getting out of pajamas has to take a seat near the rear,

Because the prefect conditions only happen every once in a blue moon

And if you don't catch them, they might slip away


So despite that our morning didn't flow as smooth
as a Jolly Holiday;
that more than one tree seemed to find our strings very
tempting,

that the puppy ran off with the kite,
that the power line threatened (more than once) to take us out,

or that the little boy kept getting tangled...

We tasted a spoonful of sugar. And perhaps, just maybe...

I'm more of a Poppins than I thought.
After all...., I am married to Bert




*By the by - Does anybody know the name of that tree pictured above?
I can't google it anywhere!
It looks like a pine, but the needles turn red and fall off around
Christmas. Ideas? Email me.