
I pulled three very stuck ticks out of Pal yesterday, and two out of
Hydn. Poor Pal was hurting. Hurting so bad that he broke down and let me take a look at him naked. One was in the front (For the sake of privacy I'll refrain from details). And one of the ticks was buried in his behind (did you really think you'd get lucky twice?) I had to lay him stomach flat, on the cold bathroom counter. Hy was the only one allowed in the room with myself and the em-
bare-
assed boy. (Ha. Sometimes I crack myself up.) But, neither Pal nor I were too thrilled with his exuberant help.
Hydn had seen me using the lighter and probing; when I turned my back- for just the slightest of moments - he'd picked up that lighter faster than
lightening, and attempted to stick it in every
orifice Pal had. Finally, at Pal's protests, we threw him out. For the next half hour he sounded like a coon dog baying at the door. Pal was pleased, as it helped stifle his own discombobulated sobs.
When it was
Hydn's turn for surgery, Paladin was almost gleeful. To our great disappointment, Hy didn't mind in the least. He happily flopped on his stomach, put his chin on his hands, and grinned. We threw in a few extra pinches for good measure. However,
in the end, I was only 50% successful.