Thursday, August 13, 2009

Update

Nothing big.
Just some stuff.
Like Hy, trying to find a suitable substitute, when he was kicked out of the older kids' block game.


Don't feel bad for him, he's not as sweet as he looks. He highly deserves it if one of those soup cans falls on a toe.


This ones for Grandpa. We thought he might enjoy seeing the newly raked hay.


I taught Maddie and her friend Halee the only cake decorating tip I know. Swirling. They think I'm a genius. I'm thinking I should have also taught them about wiping the edge of the pan before you serve it. They thought up rose petals all on their own.


Puppies,


Puppies,


Everywhere you look there're puppies!


Eight to be exact. Want one? Or a kid? (JUST KIDDING!!)


This is the kids trying to coax the puppies from under the shed, where they live. I couldn't help but have - Animal Farm - run through my head. "No question now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."


Happy Birthday Grandma!
Love, Jesse


Still practicing. This is my favorite so far.


LOVING our Christmas present Grandma and Grandpa!! Even on hot days, nobody likes to sink. Come back Aunt Jane, and we promise to make up for the short, hairy ride/tour we attempted to give you in the old one.


Ok, out of pics. Guess that's all.
Wait, I guess I could mention my conversation with Justin the other night while cutting his hair.
We were out front enjoying the 'Song of the South' while I cut his hair. (I think I figured out what Uncle Remus means by that. It's the sound of all these bugs. They're amazingly loud, and harmonic.) Hesitantly he said,
"Hey Mom? When did dad start to grow facial hair?"
"HA! Funny one, Justin. Oh, you're serious? Ok, well.... I guess around 35, give or take. So don't get your hopes up."
"oh." Sigh. "Ok then, when did he start to grow his belly?"
Snort!
Justin, "I mean, I guess what I mean is, when do I need to start working out?"

His subtlety astounds me. He fits in well here. I went to a church meeting the other night, and these are some other subtleties I learned:

*LADIES (because it was mixed company)- this one is for you. If any of you have ex-fiances or boyfriends like I did, and they gave you the lovely gift of genital herpes.... one word for you. Olive leaf oil.

*I just had a flare up of hemorrhoids tonight! But I'm here because onion shrinks them up beautifully. The first slice hurts like the dickens, but after that it feels better and better. Now, it doesn't last long, but the relief of even a moment is really nice.

*I had a cut on my knuckle. I'm not sure how deep it was, but I think I saw tendons. I was a little too freaked out though. Anyway, I put a little honey on it and LOOK (pointing to knuckle) would you believe I only have a 1/2 of an inch scar across it??

*Ok, now this one really works wonders. If you brew a little yeast, or drink waste products it will help with your bipolar-schizophrenic symptoms. I have been diagnosed with them both, but whenever I drink a little of this it helps. I have to brew a new batch though because this old stuff (holding up a quart) is all I have left, and it's a little strong.

*I haven't seen a doctor in 35 years, and I've been diagnosed with it all; cancer, ulcers, you name it. But, you would never know it, because I'm the healthiest one here. I owe it all to Alovera juice. Adam and Methuselah were able to live so long because they knew things like this as well, I think they probably even used this stuff themselves.

And with that, I'll leave you to ponder what next meeting's gems might be.
Goodnight.