We're counting the days, thinking that Hy should have a good (happy/nice) one coming up soon. I can usually tell that a good day is getting close, by the number of times I slam him into the crib on prior ones (Is slam too strong of a word?). When the G-force of sailing through the air and impact, begin to rival roller coaster strength, I breathe deep and remind myself of this newly discovered pattern. It saves his life better than a seat belt could ever dream. I used to wonder how on Earth I ever got such a cantankerous child, but now I understand better. I was going through old school notebooks yesterday and found my notes on his baby blessing. He was blessed with "the determination, strength of will, and resolve to carry out his mission in life." I blame it all on Bert.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Will Child Protective Services see this?
We're counting the days, thinking that Hy should have a good (happy/nice) one coming up soon. I can usually tell that a good day is getting close, by the number of times I slam him into the crib on prior ones (Is slam too strong of a word?). When the G-force of sailing through the air and impact, begin to rival roller coaster strength, I breathe deep and remind myself of this newly discovered pattern. It saves his life better than a seat belt could ever dream. I used to wonder how on Earth I ever got such a cantankerous child, but now I understand better. I was going through old school notebooks yesterday and found my notes on his baby blessing. He was blessed with "the determination, strength of will, and resolve to carry out his mission in life." I blame it all on Bert.